3D Printing evolved: Stronger & more durable for beautiful, functional prints with engineering-grade performance!
Proto-pasta's Premium HTPLA v3 is our own exclusive, unique formulation based on extensive in-house testing and our industry-leading experience working with heat treatable PLA. HTPLA v3 prints like standard PLA, but can be heat treated for much higher temperature stability than standard PLA. HTPLA v3 offers exceptional performance and finish for your functional prototypes and final part production.Here is why HTPLA v3 is so special:
- Leading Performance - We've become HTPLA ninjas over the last 3 years and this formula is da bomb. Seriously, we created and tested many blends (including those from large, respected material manufactures) before selecting this formula for more durability without sacrificing HTPLA's exceptional stiffness, strength, and layer adhesion. Bonus 1: More consistent flow with less tendency towards clogging compared to Everyday PLA. Bonus 2: Less moisture uptake compared to HTPLA v2 allowing higher temperature printing (up to 250C or more) for further improved layer adhesion and part strength! Bonus 3: HTPLA v3 even outperforms HTPLA-CF based on HTPLA v2 by exhibiting as little as 0.5% shrinkage in x/y and negligible change in z during heat treating of 100% infill parts.
- Exceptional Quality - Less lost time and material with less failed prints. Poor diameter, wet, and brittle filament can reduce reliability. That's why we implement dynamic diameter feedback, introduce no moisture during extrusion, and improved durability for HTPLA v3.
- Competitive Cost - We're next leveling the business with more space, more extruders, and more productivity to reach a new economy of scale. We're sharing that advancement with you by bringing you more product for less.
- Less waste - HTPLA, like standard PLA, has a more eco-friendly, bio-renewable origin with less out-gassing and nano-particle emissions than most plastics, but then many companies spool PLA onto petroleum based, non-recyclable reels creating unnecessary plastic waste! Next, they add additional wasteful packaging like multiple boxes. Finally, they often out-source materials from far away at additional cost to the environment. We're controlling our carbon footprint and minimizing environmental impact by sourcing local materials, adding nothing unnecessary, and minimizing packaging waste. We lead the industry with locally-made, 100% recyclable cardboard spools that are both lightweight to ship and locally recyclable.
- Made by Makers - Best of all, Proto-pasta is made by engineering professionals at Protoplant who are passionate about making things and improving our world - just like you! When you purchase Proto-pasta, you can feel good about supporting small business, future innovation, the environment, and hard working folks that love 3D Printing, technology, and tinkering as much as you do!
Tips & Tricks
In our experience, good results were achieved using standard PLA parameters ranging from 190-230C nozzle with standard build surface preparation (blue tape, glue stick, or BuildTak). No heated bed required but up to 70C okay. Some shrinkage will occur in the heat treating process, so dimension critical parts may need to be scaled appropriately (as much as 2.5% in our experience).
For this improved the performance, your prints should be baked in an oven until you see a change from translucent to opaque with reduced gloss. This visual change indicating the improved performance! We've seen the change take place in 5-10 minutes on thin walled parts but can take an hour or more. We've had good luck in a quality, at home convection oven at 110C (225F). Parts will get very "floppy" before becoming more firm, so please leave supports on your parts or support them and bake them on a flat, non-radiating surface (like glass, ceramic, or composite).
1.75 & 2.85 (3) mm diameter
500g 8" diameter spool only
If you have any questions on this or any of the other products we offer please give us a call on
+44 (0) 1924 869 670 or send an email to email@example.com
- Additional Information
Material weight 1kg Diameter (mm) 1.75mm & 2.85mm (+/ –0.05mm) Extruder temperature (°C) 190 to 230ºC bed temperature (°C) 0 to 70ºC Bed adhesion recommendation Other recommendations
Printing temperature and speed may vary. All information given is a guide by the manufacture
Data sheet sds_hightemppla_3.pdf A Spool full width (mm) 200mm B Hole full (mm) 55mm C Spool depth (mm) 50mm Empty spool weight 145g
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: £2,394.00 £1,995.00
Special Price Incl. VAT: £778.54 Excl. VAT: £648.78